Miro 3.5 and previous versions use localized strings that are translated using the Launchpad interface.
Translations are constantly being updated as users work on them. You can browse them at https://translations.launchpad.net/democracy/trunk/+pots/democracyplayer/
You can modify or review a translation by clicking on the language name and using the Rosetta web interface.
Adding a new translation
- To add a new translation, it is recommended you sign up for a launchpad account. You can do this at: https://translations.launchpad.net/democracy/trunk/+pots/democracyplayer/+login
- Next, go back to https://translations.launchpad.net/democracy/trunk/+pots/democracyplayer and find the box marked preferred languages.
- Choose you preferred languages. They should now show up as languages available for translation with Democracy.
- Click on the language name to get started.
- Translations can be edited directly from the Launchpad site, or you can export the whole set of translations from the site into a PO file, and use a PO file editor such as PO Edit to populate the translations for the first time on a new language or to perform a global review for a given language.
Testing translations on Linux
To test out your translation, make sure you get the latest source code:
git clone git://github.com/pculture/miro.git
Next, make sure you place your .po file in tv/resources/locale.
You can request a .po file by clicking on the download link while viewing your translation in Launchpad.
Run LANGUAGE=xx ./run.sh to launch Miro in your language, where xx is the language code. For example, LANGUAGE=fr ./run.sh works for French.
For more info on building Miro in Linux, see LinuxBuildDocs:
Read the README in tv/resources/locales/ for details.
Miro uses Nullsoft open source installer system (NSIS).
The installer text resources are stored in NSIS NLF and NSH language files (one of each per language) in the Contrib folder. These files are not stored in Miro git project, since the installer is compiled separately.
More information to follow.