All estimates for code include writing tests, unless otherwise noted.
- Reverse Engineering existing Broadcast Machine: finished
- Desigining initial Broadcast Machine tables: finished
- Writing use cases: 50% done. Still need to flesh out different options. Estimate for remaining work: 1 day
- Reviewing new HTML 1 day (over a week)
- Writing database import/export utility. Estimate: 2 days
- Writing database export script for old Broadcast Machine. Estimate: 2 days
- Testing database upgrade script. (spread out over first several months of use): 2 weeks
- Writing controller code and unit tests. Estimate 3 days
- Writing user code and unit tests. Estimate 3 days.
- Writing template code and unit tests. Estimate 3 days
- Writing setup script. Estimate 1 week
- Fixing setup for obscure cases. Estimate 2 weeks (spread out over first few months of development)
- Writing admin page. Estimate 3 days.
- Writing user administration. Estimate 3 days
- Writing channel pages 2 days
- Writing individual video pages 1 day
- Converting HTML to themes 1 day
- Writing RSS generator. Estimate 1 week.
- Writing HTML based upload page. Estimate 1 day
- Writing bit torrent tracker. Estimate 2 weeks.
- Writing HTTP downloader (with bandwidth throttling, caching, etc.). Estimate 1 week.
- Writing Democracy uploader. Estimate 1 week